Find us on Facebook for the latest recipes and updates!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Six-Layer Mexican Dip

I got this recipe out of Parents magazine. It is absolutely delish and I will never make another "taco" salad again. 

This recipe used a 6 cup clear glass bowl - I used a larger one and increased some of the ingredients

Ingredients: 

2 avocados chopped (i used 4)

3 TBS lemon juice

1 clove garlic, minced

1/4 tsp. pepper

1 15-oz can low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained

3/4 C salsa (I used a whole jar)

1 15-oz can low sodium Great Northern or cannelli beans, rinsed and drained

1 C light sour cream (I used an entire 16oz container) I added 1 TBS taco seasoning to sour cream. 

1 C shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese


Directions:

Place avocados, lemon juice, garlic and pepper in a resealable plastic bag. Knead to mash.

In a glass bowl, spread black beans in an even layer. Spread with avocado mixture, then Great Northern beans, salsa, sour cream, and cheese.

Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Serve with tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment