1 can (14oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
2 teaspoons EVOO
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt (I omitted the salt but the original recipe calls for it.)
1. Put the chickpeas in a strainer, rinse with water and drain WELL. I let mine sit for a few hours to get all the excess moisture off of them.
2. Preheat oven to 450. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
3. Pour the chickpeas on the baking sheet, making sure they are even.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile add the remaining ingredients (more or less to taste for all of them) to a bowl.
6. Once the chickpeas are done in the oven, allow them to cool for 1 minute, then add them to the bowl of spices. Stir well to coat. Let them sit for a few minutes and then enjoy!