Find us on Facebook for the latest recipes and updates!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Balsamic Pork Scallopine

This has become an instant favorite in my family, including my picky 5 1/2 year old! It was my first time making it and we were so very pleased. It would be a great meal to impress guests with also because it is very light tasting and nothing is overwhelming about it all.

(I also liked that I could reserve a handful of the egg noodles and keep them plain for my 8 month old daughter to eat with just a tiny bit of butter on them and some butternut squash mixed in.)

Made dinner for the whole family very easy! This seems like A LOT of ingredients but actually I had every single thing on hand except the pork and the roasted red pepper so don't be discouraged by the long list!

From start to finish, it was only about 30 minutes. It's very filling!

INGREDIENTS:
4 lean cut pork sirloin cutlets
1 cup flour
3 TBS Olive Oil (I used EVOO)
2 TBS Butter (I don't use real butter in anything but my "I can't believe it's not butter! worked perfect too! )
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers (I used the jar ones, just drained first)
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 can (1/2 of a 14oz can) of reduced sodium chicken broth
2 TBS dried basil
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette (I used Ken's Light Balsamic Vinaigrette)
1/4 TSP ground black pepper

Noodles:
1 package egg noodles (I bought a store brand that was 12oz, more than enough for the 4 of us)
1/4 cup fat free half & half
2 TBS grated low fat Parmesan or Romano Cheese
2 TBS butter (again, no real butter for me so anything works)
1/4 TSP fresh ground black pepper
1/4 TSP Garlic Powder

HOW TO MAKE:
Coat the pork cutlets in flour. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add pork and brown slightly on each side. Set the pork aside.

Add onion and red peppers to the the pan and saute until the onion is tender (this is a pretty quick process). Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Add the broth, basil, balsamic vinaigrette and pepper. Return the pork to the pan.

Cover and cook on low-low/medium heat for about 15/20 minutes or until the pork is cooked through. Meanwhile, cook egg noodles as directed on package. Drain and add the 1/2 & 1/2, butter, grated cheese, black pepper & garlic powder. STIR WELL.

Serve the pork with some sauce over the noodles on a plate.


*recipe courtesy of Cooking Light Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment