Monday, April 6, 2015
This recipe is ranked up there with the Funky Fusion Fajitas - it is SOOO tasty. The meat is like candy and melts in your mouth. I love the flavors with the cloves, cinnamon and ginger. My most favorite part is that 99% of it is done in the crockpot!
recipe from thefoodcharlatan.com
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
3 medium-large chicken breasts, grilled & seasoned to your liking (we used italian seasoning & cooked on stovetop)
1 medium sized jar of marinated artichoke hearts (VERY WELL DRAINED & patted with paper towels - I let ours sit for about 2 hours in between paper towels)
1 medium sized jar of roasted red peppers (VERY WELL DRAINED & patted with paper towels - I let our sits for about 2 hours in between paper towels)
4 slices Swiss Cheese
4 Chiabatta rolls sliced lengthwise (or bread of your choice)
Basil Garlic Mayonnaise (recipe below - BEST THING EVER)
1 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Time to make the Basil Garlic Mayonnaise! Combine all these ingredients in a small bowl:
2 TBS dried basil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
3/4 cup mayonnaise
Taste test and add to your liking. Let sit in fridge for at least 30 minutes before using.
2. Meanwhile, thinly slice your chicken breasts. Season & cook thoroughly. Set aside.
3. Heat panini maker to med-high heat. Coat panini maker according to their instructions. Mine calls for a slight layer of oil before cooking.
4. Lightly brush a thin layer of EVOO on OUTSIDES of each roll (to help them crisp).
4. Coat the INSIDE of the bread (both sides) with the basil garlic mayo. Then add a few pieces of chicken, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers and a slice of Swiss cheese. Top with the other half of the roll.
5. Cook until you see the groove marks and your cheese is melted. Ours took about 5-6 minutes with the lid closed.
*recipe adapted from happypanini.com
*picture courtesty of happypanini.com