Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Watermelon, Feta & Bacon Stackers
My husband's new favorite weekend hobby is coming up with fun appetizers and I am NOT complaining! This was so refreshing and light tasting. Perfect summer appetizer. Look pretty fancy too! This recipe made 6 stackers.
Watermelon cut into cubes. About 2" deep and maybe 2.5" wide (give or take, doesn't have to be exact)
1 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (more or less to taste)
6-8 fresh mint leaves, grated finely
6 strips of bacon
1. Make bacon according to directions until crispy.
2. Meanwhile cut watermelon into cubes. Once cut, hollow out about a 1/2" of the top of each one.
3. Sprinkle the feta into the hollowed out portion of watermelon.
4. Sprinkle with the grated mint leaves.
5. Once bacon is done and patted to get off excess grease, break into half and place on top of the watermelon feta cubes to form an X.
6. Sprinkle a bit more feta on top of the bacon. Enjoy!