Thursday, August 21, 2014
Another one of my husband's creations. Delicious! But the eggplant doesn't hold for too long so this is best served right away. It's optional to drizzle a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar on each one when they are done but we preferred the taste without.
1 eggplant, sliced (about 1/2"-3/4" thick)
1 tomato sliced
Fresh mozzarella cheese
1 TBS Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
1. Slice the fresh mozzarella and lay on a plate lined with paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels and let sit for at least 30 minutes to draw out the moisture.
2. Slice the tomatoes and also lay on a plate lined with paper towels. Sprinkle a dash of kosher salt on each slice and let sit for 10-15 minutes to also draw out the moisture.
3. Lightly brush the eggplant slices with olive oil. Heat grill on medium. Add the eggplant. Gently turn over after 2-3 minutes. Should take no more than 5 minutes total.
4. Remove eggpant from grill. Turn on broiler on stove. Spray a cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray. Add the eggplant and then add a tomato slice and then the mozzarella.
5. Broil close to the heat for 2-4 minutes or until the cheese is slightly browned and bubbly. Once done, remove from heat. You can optionally drizzle the balsamic vinegar on them before serving. Enjoy!