Thursday, October 18, 2012
Baked Meaty Pasta with Cheese
1 box of pasta (I usually use rotini or elbow macaroni)
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu meat flavored)
1 lb lean ground turkey (or beef)
1/4 finely chopped yellow onion
2 TBS Italian Seasoning
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups part skim mozzarella cheese
1. Cook the pasta according to box instructions. Drain well.
2. While the pasta is cooking, brown the meat in a large non stick skillet. Add the 2 TBS italian seasoning, black pepper and chopped onion to the meat and stir well. Once cooked, drain the grease and set aside.
3. Heat the spaghetti sauce in a pot until warm. Season to taste if necessary.
4. Heat oven to 400.
5. Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
6. Add the well drained pasta to the dish. Then add some of the spaghetti sauce and stir well, until the pasta is covered (just use enough to coat the pasta, keep the extra sauce on the side.)
7. Add the meat and onion. Stir into the pasta until it is spread throughout.
8. Top the meat and pasta with the cheese.
9. Put in middle shelf of oven until the cheese is melted. Serve with bread and the extra sauce for dipping.