Another awesome recipe from Closet Cooking. This burger was so much better than I even imagined it would be. I thought it was going to be too spicy but it was perfect. So flavorful. One of the best burgers I've ever had. The roasted jalapeno mayonnaise was amazing, highly recommend making that. We didn't actually wrap our burgers in bacon, we just put some on top so either way works. This makes 4 burgers.
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (I used neufchatel)
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef (used 93% lean)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 strips bacon
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns (toasted)
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise or roasted jalapeno mayonnaise
- Grill the jalapenos over medium-high heat until charred all over, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
- Pinch the skins off of the peppers, cut in half and remove the seeds.
- Dice 2 of the jalapeno peppers and mix into the cream cheese.
- Divide the beef into 8 equal portions, form into patties, place 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on 4 of them, top with the free patties, pinch the sides closed to seal and form into patties again.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper to taste and wrap each with 2 strips of bacon.
- Brush the grill with oil and grill the burgers over medium-high heat until cooked, about 4-5 minutes per side, topping each patty with a slice of cheese after flipping.
- Assemble the burgers and enjoy!