Find us on Facebook for the latest recipes and updates!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I used to LOATHE brussels sprouts when I was growing up. How my mom dealt with my dramatics at the dinner table on evenings she served brussels sprouts earns her a nice place in Heaven.

In the past couple of years I have tried them and really liked them. Then I started to buy them myself and make them at home with a few ingredients that I love. I literally eat these like candy, and can easily go through an entire container in one day. My kids on the other hand... they won't touch em' and for that I am thankful (more for me).

Ingredients:

1 container of brussels sprouts, trimmed
1 TBSP EVOO
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
2 TBSP low sodium soy sauce

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Place brussels, cut side down, in a glass dish. Do not stack them.


Drizzle EVOO, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and all seasonings over the top.


Place in oven for about 30 minutes. Do not stir them! When they are finished the bottoms will be brown and the sprouts will be very tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment