- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter (we used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375.
In small mixing bowl, combine topping ingredients. Blend with fork until crumbly. This takes a few minutes longer than you may think. Keep going until it gets to the right consistency. Set aside.
Sift 1 1/2 cups sifted flour with baking powder and salt into a bowl.
In a medium bowl, stir together beaten egg and 3/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture and mix well.
Pour batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square or 9-inch layer-cake pan. Sprinkle topping crumb mixture evenly over batter. Bake 24 to 28 minutes, or until cake is done. Be careful not to overcook. Allow to partially cool. Then cut coffee cake into squares while still warm. Serves great with vanilla ice cream or a cup of coffee. Enjoy!
*recipe adapted from here
*picture courtesy of here