- Cook the chicken in a large pan over medium heat and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add the onions, celery and carrots and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the beer or broth and deglaze the pan.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, paprika, oregano, cayenne and hot sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with topping of your choice.
Friday, August 24, 2012
Buffalo Chicken Chili
This recipe was absolutely delicious (and low cal/fat)! My only complaint is that it didn't make a lot so that I could freeze half. Next time I'm going to double it, or triple it! This is perfect football food -You can make it in advance and then keep it warm in your crockpot for the day. We ate ours with multi-grain scoops as "nachos" but it is also great with a spoon! I enjoyed mine with crumbled blue cheese and Rich topped his with sharp cheddar. Enjoy!
1 pound ground chicken
1 tablespoon oil
1 onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, sliced
1/2 cup carrots, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
1 can of light beer beer or chicken broth (use the beer!!)
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 cup hot sauce (or to taste) - Franks Red Hot!
salt and pepper to taste
Toppings: crumbled blue cheese, feta cheese, cheddar cheese
Recipe comes from Closet Cooking